It’s your wedding, do it your way and forget about the rest, right?
It’s your wedding, do it your way and forget about the rest, right? If you plan to make a few people unhappy and quite a few more wondering where your manners are, then that is the way to go.
Although we do not want to think or talk about it, wedding etiquette is essential. At this very important time in your life, you want everyone to know who you are and what kind of life you are planning to live. The way that you present yourself here is the way they will see you as a couple.
Even if you do not care much about what they do and think, it is still essential for you to find a way to make them feel welcome into your life.
Not To Worry, It’s Not Hard!
The hardest part of wedding etiquette is learning about it. That you will do here. The easy part is doing it. There are very few things that are too hard to accommodate. Besides, a wedding is all about pomp and circumstance, so why not lay it all out there?
Wedding etiquette may seem like a difficult process but once you learn a few facts about it and how to easily execute it, you will be well on your way to pleasing your guests, your parents and even find yourself enjoying it all!
Another benefit of following the right etiquette for your wedding is that you can avoid problems like these:
– You forgot to invite someone to your wedding and now, they are upset with you!
– You do not know how to properly announce your wedding. Should you put it in the newspaper or send an announcement in the mail?
– Who should you invite to your wedding shower?
– Is it okay to do a gift registry for your wedding? If so, should you put expensive items on it? Does it imply that you want gifts?
– What should you do about guests that are out of town? Is it up to you to provide for them?
– Who’s going to pay for what? Should your bridesmaids pay for their dresses? Should you fork over the money for gifts?
– Who should throw your bridal shower?
– Is email an acceptable form of thank you notes for your gifts?
There are plenty of things that are big ‘ifs’ and since most of us only get married one time, it is rather difficult to actually determine what the right way to go is.
That’s why you need to take some time now to determine what the right way to handle these and other circumstances for your wedding is. When you handle them correctly, no one has hurt feelings, has to do too much and you don’t look bad.
Wedding etiquette also shows respect and understanding for others. By doing what you can to provide for these things, you show those that you are inviting how much you really do care for them.