If you’re looking for a fresh, modern color scheme for your wedding, look no further!
If you’re looking for a fresh, modern color scheme for your wedding, look no further! The contrast of bright, vibrant red against crisp, cool aqua has a unique, contemporary feel that is sure to make your wedding unforgettable. Plus, this color combination is so versatile that it can work for any season and any style – from traditional summer nuptials to an eclectic winter wedding.
1. Go for bold, graphic stationery like these save the date cards to really highlight your color choices. Shake up the minimal style by varying the fonts and sizes. The resulting look is contemporary and eye-catching. Cards by Pink Lily Press, $2.00 each.
2. A red sash really pops on a simple aqua bridesmaid dress. This one was custom designed on the Olivia Luca Design Studio website, where you can choose from tons of different styles and fabrics. Try outfitting the maid of honor in contrasting a red dress with an aqua sash so she stands out. The design studio is a great tool – play around with it until you find the combination you like best!
3. Make sure your groomsmen match the color scheme with these awesome hand printed ties from Cyberoptix TieLab. The small, independent company has tons of great designs and tie fabrics to choose from, so you can totally customize the look. These ties have a subtle floral pattern, and are $81 for a set of three.
4. Make your table settings unforgettable by choosing eclectic, worldly accents and bold splashes of color. I just love the look of this table’s vintage-look china, bright turquoise table runner, and unique centerpieces. Shop antique stores and flea markets for a truly inspired look – old tea tins, paper fans, and bright spray-painted birdcages would all make fantastic conversation pieces. Photo courtesy of The Perfect Palette.
5. On your wedding day, no detail should be overlooked – that includes your guest book! Instead of the traditional white book, opt for an heirloom-quality journal covered in rich, beautiful fabric or patterned paper to match your color scheme. It will be a cherished keepsake for years to come. Photo courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings.
6. Take your place cards from ordinary to extraordinary with a few brightly colored lengths of ribbon. Here, beautiful calligraphy name cards are perched on ribbons of varying widths, colors, and patterns. Go to your local craft store and pick out as many fun aqua and red ribbons as you can find – the more, the better! Photo courtesy of Brides.com.
7. For a traditional wedding with a modern twist, I just love the look of these elegant aqua dresses paired with understated, monochromatic bouquets of red flowers. Without any fussy details to worry about, the color scheme (and of course, the beauty of the bride and bridesmaids) becomes the focus. Photo courtesy of Project Wedding.