The bohemian look is so in style right now, so why not embrace it for your bridal ensemble?
The boho-chic look is a great alternative for the free-spirited bride who wants to embrace an offbeat, worldly style on her special day. Bohemian style takes its cues from nature, using materials and colors with an earthy, organic feel – perfect for the couple looking to celebrate their nuptials in the great outdoors. I can just picture how beautiful this look would be for a casual beach wedding at sunset, an intimate destination wedding under a waterfall, or a rustic wedding on a country farm.
Just because the bohemian trend is super hot right now doesn’t mean you can’t get it at an affordable price. I found some great, stylish options for brides at any budget.
1. The crochet trim, antique ivory color, and layered tiers give this dress a distinctly bohemian feel, but with a luxurious, modern twist. “Harmony” dress by Claire Pettibone, approximately $4,250 (contact or visit your local Claire Pettibone bridal retailer for exact price).
2. This braided suede headband is the perfect flower-child alternative to a traditional veil. It would look absolutely heavenly with long, wavy, center parted hair. The flower is made of leather and lace with Swarovski crystal accents. Headband, $225, part of the Peace, Love, and Sparkle Collection by Tarina Tarantino.
3. A stack of twelve mixed gold and silver bangles gives the look an exotic flair. The bangles come in assorted finishes and textures, and no two sets are exactly alike. Bracelets, $130 by Alex and Ani.
4. This one-of-a-kind, beaded cuff is a stunning piece that will be sure to set you apart from the crowd. Made of exotic materials like turquoise nuggets, amber and wood beads, and suede, it is equal parts organic and opulent. Cuff, Beadwork by Cindy Caraway, $300.
5. Wear this gorgeous carved turquoise and sterling silver ring as a right hand ring… just make sure it doesn’t outshine your wedding ring! Ring by Steven Dweck, $560, available at Neiman Marcus.
6. A rustic leather belt adds an unexpected element that helps bring the ethereal dress back down to Earth. This one is made of buttery soft calfskin in the loveliest shade of tawny brown. Sash Belt, $128 by Johnston & Murphy.
7. Delicate bronze leather flats with a turquoise and crystal embellishment finish off the look perfectly. So chic and comfortable, you’ll be able to dance the night away! Sandals by Valentino, $575, available at Bergdorf Goodman.
1. This flowing ivory gown has the same silhouette as the designer gown, but its pared-down design makes it much more affordable. Made of breezy Italian cotton-silk, you will be a breath of fresh air in this dress! “Camille” wedding gown, $650, available at J. Crew.
2. This braided leather headband with silk flower embellishment pairs perfectly with the down-to-earth look. And at this price, how can you possibly resist? Headband, $4.80, available at Forever 21.
3. This stack of five silver and gold tone bangles with assorted tribal motifs has the same worldly feel as the pricey bracelets, and you won’t believe the price! Wear a couple sets at a time to really make an impact. Bracelets, $11.60 for two sets of five, available at Forever 21.
4. This unique beaded cuff with turquoise focal stone has the same earthy but luxurious feel as the more expensive piece. So beautiful and unique, a perfect compliment to the bohemian ensemble! Cuff, $29.99, available at Etsy.
5. This piece is a dead ringer (pun intended!) for the designer ring, but at a fraction of the cost. Ring, Statements by Amy Kahn Russell, $79.90, available at HSN.
6. This leather sash belt has a designer label at a bargain price, and the faux leather material is easy on the environment. Plus, you’ll be able to wear this style staple long after your wedding day is over. Belt by Simply Vera Vera Wang, $16.80, available at Kohl’s.
7. These chic sandals have the exact same design elements as the designer version: flat sole, thin leather t-strap, and turquoise accent. The perfect way to finish off your boho-chic look! Sandals, $16.99, available at Charlotte Russe.