A monogram is a great way to add a personal touch to your wedding stationery
A monogram is a great way to add a personal touch to your wedding stationery. The best part is, a monogram can work for anyone – from the most traditional of couples to the most unconventional.
You can work with a designer or calligrapher to come up with a monogram that suits you to a tee – or even design one yourself! For my wedding, I designed a bright, bold emblem using the initials of our first names – L & R. Our invites turned out beautifully, and everyone loved how unique and personal they were.
Here are my top five picks for monogram invites – from classic and timeless to hip and modern!
1. These gorgeous hand printed letterpress invites walk the line between traditional and contemporary. The scroll and vine design borrows from classical motifs, but the asymmetrical design and bright polka dots add a fresh feel. The letterpress printing method gives these invites a tactile quality, and the fact that they are made by hand makes them oh so special. Plus, the designer can customize the color scheme and font choices to suit your tastes.
2. I just love the playful style of this handwritten monogram! The calligraphy of Jenna Hein is traditional with a quirky, fanciful twist. All of her designs are custom, and she will work with you to come up with the perfect motif for your special day. I am totally in love with this design, a collaboration between Jenna and artist/friend Anne le Guern.
3. These elegant invites are sure to make an impression on your guests. The simple monogram is perfect for the unfussy couple, while the satin ribbon dresses it up a bit. These invites can be customized however you like them – you choose the wording, fonts, and ink colors. The best part? You can use an online tool to preview different options before you order.
4. This bright and cheerful stationery suite, as featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, served as the inspiration for my own wedding invitations. I love the bright, juicy color scheme and the bold choice of mix-and-match fonts. The invites are individually silkscreen printed, so each piece is like a little work of art! Perfect for the couple looking for something a little different.
5. This monogram is so eye-catching and romantic, but understated at the same time – perfect for a traditional wedding. I think the color scheme and fonts used in the example are gorgeous, but they can also be customized to fit your wedding scheme. Coordinating save the dates, RSVP cards, place cards, programs, and more can also be made to give your event a unified look.