Tips for Selecting a Bridal Gown
A wedding dress is certainly a high priority for most brides. Let’s face it the Bridal Gown is the ultimate dress for a day that is a major milestone in life. You are only going to do this once and you want to look spectacular. Picking the perfect gown is not as easy as finding a great pair of Shoes (which by the way, you are going to need) As a matter of fact you will need to choose your wedding shoes and wear them at your fitting so that any adjustments can be made ahead of time.
It’s your special day so make sure that you feel as beautiful as you look. Take the time to try on the various styles available at different shops , pick the dress you look and feel the best in.
Many bridal shops carry a nice selection of formal and evening gowns for special occasions and pageants. Bridal salons may carry one-of-a-kind gowns. Bridal gowns now come in a variety of lengths and colors. Here is a list of Gown Styles to help you get started in your search for the perfect wedding gown.
Important questions to ask yourself before buying your wedding gown.
You’ll need to ask yourself some important questions before you start your quest to the Bridal stores. Answering these questions will help you choose a wedding gown that will be perfect for you and your special wedding day.
Looking good all day long:
You’ll want to carefully consider the fabric for your dress. Especially, if you will be in the dress for a few hours. There is no way to avoid wrinkling a dress once it is put on; however certain fabrics wrinkle more easily. Here are a few ways to preserve your dress: Get dressed at the ceremony site, eliminate traveling in dress before ceremony, bring a stool to the ceremony site for sitting on, and make sure there is an aisle runner if you have a long train. Detachable trains and veils make it easier to travel about and dance at the reception. Just remember, this is a day to enjoy, don’t worry if your dress is tattered and stained at the reception; with a cleaning and preservation service most stains and problems can be fixed.
Picking up your dress:
It’s actually very smart to leave the dress at the bridal shop even if the dress is ready far in advance of the wedding day. The bridal shop should be better equipped to store and keep the dress fresh and pressed.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: The following recommendations are for your protection:
1) Be careful about where you buy your wedding dress. Ask your friends and family about where they went and what their experiences were. Unfortunately there are a lot of wedding gown horror stories, get referrals!
2) make sure the delivery date of your dress is well in advance of your wedding.
3) get a copy of the order or receipt with a guarantee of delivery date to keep with your wedding records; and call to confirm delivery, it’s your right to know that your gown arrived safely, if not they will have time to correct the problem
4) if a contract is used, read it carefully (even the fine print) before signing! If you have any questions or concerns about the company, check it out with organizations that keep track of the reputations of companies.