I’ve recently become a huge fan of classic films of the 30s, 40s, and 50s
I’ve recently become a huge fan of classic films of the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Silver screen sirens like Jean Harlow, Rita Hayworth, and Marilyn Monroe just exude the sensuality and glamour of a bygone era. Your wedding is a once in a lifetime event, so you should feel like a star! You are sure to be the leading lady with a wedding inspired by old Hollywood glamour. Slinky silk, sparkling crystals, exotic feathers and luxurious fur in hues of champagne and gold make for a sumptuous feast for the eyes!
1. This stunning champagne colored silk “Valerie” dress is by UK based bridal designer Sarah Arnett, who creates custom, made-to-order gowns. The front features intricate beading and embroidery at the drop waist, and the plunging, ruched back is worthy of any A-list Hollywood starlet.
2. Treat your guests to sumptuous favors of decadent chocolates packaged in gilded boxes tied with white satin ribbons. Two piece chocolate wedding favors by Godiva; photograph by Brian Adams PhotoGraphics, courtesy of The Knot.
3. This gorgeous veil is dramatic and demure at the same time. The French netting, ivory feather flower, and a cluster of fresh water pearls make it oh so glamorous. Handmade by Brenda’s Bridal Veils, available on eBay.
4. What could be more Hollywood than a luxurious, plush fur stole? Don’t worry, no animals were harmed to make you look fabulous on your big day – this one’s faux, but it looks just as amazing as the real thing. Throw it over your shoulders for instant superstar allure. Available at Nordstrom.
5. Finish the look with an incredible cascading bouquet made of blooms in shades of gold and bronze, including mini phalaenopsis orchids, roses, peonies, and velvet millinery flowers, all tied up with a gold satin ribbon. Such a distinctive and beautiful bouquet! Photograph courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings.
6. This gorgeous crystal drop necklace is so rich looking and elegant, and the warm hues will flatter any blushing bride. Made from sparkly champagne-colored Swarovski crystal drops and ivory Swarovski pearls suspended from a delicate gold-filled chain. Handmade by Ophelia’s Jewels, available on Etsy – matching earrings and bracelets are also available.
7. Your bridesmaids will win accolades for best supporting role in these beautifully draped one-shoulder gowns from David’s Bridal. The bodice is made from luminous silk charmeuse, with a flowing cascade of slinky matte jersey for the skirt.
8. You will feel as sexy and confident as any leading lady when you wear these sparkly metallic lace top thigh high stockings under your wedding gown. Lurex threads are woven into 100% nylon fabric to give the hosiery an ethereal shimmer, and French lace tops off the look. Available in a wide variety of colors and sizes from Stockin Girl.